Friday, August 19, 2011

Venison Meatloaf with Broccoli

Jeremy and I have had a couple vegetarian days.  Not on purpose... the meals I planned just didn't have meat in them and even when we went out to eat, both of us ended up ordering non-meat meals.  We decided to rectify this tonight. :)

I've posted about meatloaf before but I didn't put my normal ketchup glaze on this.  I just put the ketchup on my plate next to it. :)

This was really tasty and was still nice and moist on the inside.  You can certainly use lean ground beef if you don't have venison... it will cook up more or less the same.



Meatloaf:
1 lb. ground venison
1 c. plain breadcrumbs
1 c. skim milk
1 egg
1 tbs. garlic powder
1 tbs. onion powder
2 tbs. parsley flakes
1 1/2 tbs. worchestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. black pepper

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 13x9 inch baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until combined.  Place mixture on baking sheet and form into a 4x9 inch loaf.
3. Bake for approximately 1 hour until meat thermometer inserted in center reads 160 degrees.
4. Slice into 1 inch slices and serve. (Ketchup on the side is optional... but yummy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment