Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Oven-Fried Haddock

I've made oven-fried fish before.  But this time I'm using fresh fish.  Jeremy and I checked out Hannaford's for the first time and were pleasantly surprised by their seafood selection.  I love haddock so I was very excited to see it was on sale and looked fresh and yummy.

This was incredibly easy to put together and came out tasting great.  Granted this is still breaded fish so it's not the healthiest dish ever... but it certainly satisfies my cravings for crunchy fried fish.  And it's better than going out and getting the deep-fried fish I love so much. :)

I served this with green beans and some simple buttered rice.  It was a delicious meal that's a great way to get more fish into our diets.  



Recipe:
2 haddock fillets (approx. 1 lb total)
1/3 c. cornmeal
1/3 c. Italian-style breadcrumbs
1/3 c. skim milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. paprika

1. Preheat oven to 450 degree.  Spray a cooking sheet with non-stick spray.
2. Mix the cornmeal, breadcrumbs, salt, black pepper, and paprika in a shallow dish.
3. Coat the fish in the milk, then in the cornmeal mixture.
4. Place the fillets on the baking sheet and spray the tops with cooking spray.
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes until cooked through so it flakes easily with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment