Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Berry-Yogurt Smoothie

This morning I decided to try to make a smoothie... not hard... but I'd never done it before.  I had a bunch of yogurt around and some leftover strawberries and blueberries from the fillo cups I made on Monday.

I started by just using the yogurt and the berries but it was a little too thick and too sweet.  The milk was the perfect addition to thin it out and also balance the sweetness.  Jeremy liked it too (although I drank all of this for breakfast... just gave him a small sip).  This made 2 16 oz. glasses of smoothie.

I will certainly be trying this in the future with frozen berries for when I don't have nice fresh berries around.  This was a great change for breakfast. :)


Recipe:
6 oz. fat free strawberry yogurt
6 oz. fat free blueberry yogurt
6 oz. fat free vanilla yogurt
1/2 c. fresh strawberries, tops removed
1/2 c. fresh blueberries
approx. 1/3 c. skim milk

1. Add all ingredients but the milk to a blender.  Blend until smooth.
2. Add milk as needed until it's the desire consistency.  (I added about 1/3 of a cup and still had a slightly thick, delicious smoothie.)
3. Pour into a glass and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment