Friday, December 31, 2010

Spinach Pasta with Marinara Sauce

Last night I made my first homemade pasta. My bread machine cookbook had a recipe for spinach pasta and I had some fresh spinach lying around. Overall, it turned out very well. Since I don't have a pasta machine, I had to roll it out by hand. I will definitely be rolling it thinner next time. And there will be a next time. :)

The sauce I made to accompany it was ok... not great but good enough. So I won't include the recipe... just top with marinara or any other sauce.



Recipe:
3 tbs. pureed spinach, juice squeezed out (I started with 6 oz. of fresh baby spinach, chopped it in a food processor and had some left over to add to my sauce.)
2 tbs. spinach juice (squeezed from the pureed fresh spinach)
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tbs. olive oil
3 c. AP flour
1 tsp. salt

1. Add all ingredients to the bread machine (or start mixing them). Let machine knead them for 7 minutes, then check the texture of the dough. If needed, add either more spinach juice/water or flour.
2. Kneed for another 3 minutes.
3. Remove from machine and wrap with plastic wrap. Let sit for 30 minutes.
4. Divide dough ball into thirds. Roll each third to 1/8" thickness.
5. Slice as desired.
6. Boil a large pot of water and add pasta.
7. Cook for 3-4 minutes until pasta is firm.
8. Drain, mix with sauce, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment